Baby Blackbirds in Brittany

Sunday 05/04/2020

I had noticed a nest in one of the bushes I trimmed in the garden and it had three blue eggs in it.  I kept checking discreetly on it and noticed they had hatched.  There is a blackbird that makes quite a lot of noise when we are near the bush so assume she is the mother.

The nest is too high for Toni to see easily so I tried to take a photo today to show them to her.



I could see it was quite difficult to make them out on the photo so I decided to try and get a short video.  They obviously thought the camera was their mother and gave me a surprise display.  I felt a bit guilty that I didn't have anything to feed them.



No difficulty spotting them now...

We also took in an injured hedgehog that appeared in the drive.  We suspect it was injured as the neighbours had been mowing the previous few days and it is unusual for them to be out in the day.  We took it in and fed it and kept it warm but it unfortunately passed away after two days.


No comments:

Post a Comment