Riverside Touring Park

 Thursday 20/05/21


Toni managed to get her run in early this morning (before 07:00!) while I packed away our windscreen cover and got Bokkie ready to move as the rain was due around 08:00.  The rain arrived as Toni returned - we had breakfast and then waited until it was time to leave the campsite.  Luckily at 11:00 there was a brief respite so we stopped to fill up and empty tanks on the way out and headed to our new camp.

Beautiful countryside, which even the grey skies cannot dull

Bokkie slalom course.


The stone walls so near the road always make me nervous, luckily there wasn't too much traffic.

It was only about half an hour's drive through the Welsh hills but by the time we arrived at our spot it was absolutely tipping down with rain and wind.  So much so that I haven't even ventured out to hook up the power, six hours later.  The camp is luckily in a valley so is fairly sheltered from the winds apart from the occasional gust that seems to sneak in and rock Bokkie.  I think it may be a night for wearing ear plugs.

I know I need to pop out to connect the power at some point.  I'll need wellies soon.

We've kept ourselves busy in Bokkie watching some TV, reading and cooking.  We had a bag of Iwisa that was bought in Baldock so made some stywe-pap for supper.  Hopefully tomorrow we can do some exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment